Gene Cullan, J.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Gene Cullan, a senior partner at Cullan and Cullan, is a nationally known attorney with a proven track record of obtaining multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries. Dr. Cullan is one of few attorneys in the United States who has a doctorate in human anatomy and in addition to his medical and legal education, has obtained advanced training in accident reconstruction.
Dr. Cullan is licensed in Arizona, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa and has worked with clients and attorneys throughout the United States. He is a relentless advocate for clients and families who need help rebuilding their lives after suffering devastating injuries due to personal injury, nursing home abuse, medical negligence and semi-truck accidents. When Dr. Cullan is called upon it is likely that clients and their families are suffering through the worst tragedy of their lives. He believes that each client is important and seeks to provide each person and family with the highest level of representation possible.
Background and Education
Dr. Cullan earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology from the University of Nebraska in 1975, after which he pursued and earned Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Anatomy from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 1978 and 1980, respectively. Dr. Cullan stayed on at the University of Nebraska Medical Center as a member of the medical faculty until he left to pursue his law degree. Immediately after earning a law degree from Creighton University School of Law (1987), Dr. Cullan was selected to Clerk for the Honorable Donald E. O’Brien, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa—a position he held for two years before beginning private practice.
Dr. Cullan, a firm believer in the value of continuing scientific and legal education, completed additional advanced education and training in accident reconstruction. This education, which includes Advanced Collision Reconstruction, Advanced Collision Investigation, Commercial Vehicle Inspection, and Commercial Vehicle Collision Investigation, enables Cullan and Cullan to provide our clients with deeper knowledge in investigating, securing evidence and preparing our clients’ cases. It is extremely beneficial in complex semi-truck crash cases as well as other car and motorcycle accidents, railroad and aviation accidents.
- Named “Top 100 Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Top Attorneys in Arizona – Personal Injury Plaintiff: Medical Malpractice Law – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Voted “Best of the Bar” by the Kansas City Business Journal (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016).
- Named to Arizona Super Lawyers® (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Named to Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Received Highest Peer Review Rating (AV rated) by Martindale-Hubbell since 1999
Professional Memberships/Bar Associations:
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Arizona Bar Association
- Arizona Association for Justice
- Missouri Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group
- AAJ Trucking Litigation Group