If you have been injured in any type of auto accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical treatment, ongoing medical care, lost earnings, and possibly much more. Our Phoenix car accident attorneys at Cullan & Cullan, doctors practicing law, have years of experience helping victims of motor vehicle accidents get just compensation for their injuries. Vehicle collisions are one of the leading causes of injury in Arizona and happen all too often. Our legal team is here to help restore the quality of your life.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can lead to serious injury to drivers and passengers involved – especially depending on the type of car accident. Some types of vehicle accidents, like rollover accidents and sideswiping, are talked about but aren’t as common as others.
Some of the most common types of auto accidents are also some of the deadliest – they are:
- Rear-end collisions
- Single vehicle accidents
- T-bone collisions
- Low-speed crashes
- Hit and run accidents
No matter what type of motor vehicle accident you’re involved in, the Phoenix auto accident lawyers at Cullan & Cullan , doctors practicing law, can help you establish a case and get the compensation you need to make a full and lasting recovery.
Contact our offices at (602) 900-9483 for a free review of your auto accident claim.
Arizona Auto Accident Statistics
The vehicle crash rate in Arizona has climbed steadily over the last several years. In 2015 alone, a total of 116,609 vehicle crashes occurred in Arizona—nearly 7,000 more than the previous year. In these crashes, 53,554 people sustained injuries and 895 died, including 24 children under the age of 14. This is the equivalent of one person killed in a crash every 9.79 hours.
Most accidents are the result of someone else’s negligence. Whether a driver was speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or driving while distracted at the time of the accident, the victims deserve compensation for their injuries. If you recently sustained a serious injury or know someone who died in an auto accident in Arizona, the attorneys at Cullan & Cullan can help.
Causes of Auto Accidents
According to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Crash Report cited above, 41,309 accidents in 2015 were the result of drivers speeding too fast for conditions. Other top causes included failure to yield right-of-way, unsafe lane changes, and driver inattention or distraction. There were 4,757 confirmed cases of people driving while intoxicated, and 1,636 who fell asleep or drove fatigued. Every single one of these car accidents was entirely preventable.
When a driver’s negligence causes an auto accident, the law intervenes to protect its victims. If you are involved in a car accident, the most important thing is to seek medical attention right away. When an accident happens, you are startled. Your adrenaline is pumping. You may not immediately feel pain. It is important that you calm down and pay attention to how you are feeling. If you feel you have been hurt, it is very important to seek prompt medical attention so that you heal as fast as possible. It is important to know that in many car accidents the full nature and extent of your injuries may not be known for days or even weeks after an accident. For example, you may have injured your back in a car accident.
The doctor may decide to treat your injuries with conservative care. If you do not improve the doctor may then determine that you need more advanced medical testing such as a CT-scan or MRI. This test might reveal that you have damage to your spinal cord damage, such as a herniated disc. Other injuries that involve traumatic brain injuries may also be difficult to diagnose without further testing.
A very important second goal is that you preserve the evidence. This includes having a family member obtain photographs of your property damage and take photographs of any injuries you may have sustained. The insurance company will also take photos but they are not your friend and they own any photos they take.
Common Car Accident Injuries
There are many different types of injuries that can occur in a traffic accident. Due to the incredible force of energy involved in a car accident, injuries can easily be catastrophic and lead to paralysis or permanent disability. Victims typically require lifelong medical care, expensive surgical procedures, and physical therapy.
Types of injuries that can occur because of an auto accident include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and other back injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Herniated disks
- Fractures or Broken bones
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Knee and hip injuries
- Severe burns
The Second Collision & Third Collision
When one vehicle collides with another vehicle or a stationary object, the kinetic energy within the vehicle continues toward the point of impact. This means that vehicle’s passengers continue moving until coming in contact with the seatbelt, steering column, or other objects. Physicians call this the second collision or the human collision. The second collision often causes broken bones, head injuries, and whiplash injuries.
After the second collision, the organs within the body continue to move until they have their own collision with bones, other organs, or inside of the skull. Physicians call this the third collision, and it can cause organs to tear, rupture, and bleed. The third collision can cause the brain to strike the inside of the skull, leading to traumatic brain injury or closed head injuries. This can cause temporary or permanent brain damage.
Cullan & Cullan’s Proven Track Record in Car Accident Claims
The team at Cullan & Cullan strives to provide top-notch legal representation for our clients. Throughout the years, we’ve been able to secure millions of dollars for victims of negligent drivers, so that the victims can get justice for their pain and suffering.
Our most notable auto accident case results include:
- $1,000,000 Car/Bus Accident (policy limit): Our client was injured when a school bus made a negligent left-hand turn, causing the collision. The defense alleged our client was speeding and the collision could have been prevented if that weren’t the case. Our team worked diligently to secure our client justice and compensation for the injuries sustained because of someone else’s negligence.
- $1,000,000 Car Accident (policy limit): The defendant ran a red light while talking on their cell phone and crashed into our client’s car. The victim, a previously healthy and self-sufficient 80-year-old woman, suffered a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI). The team at Cullan & Cullan worked with the client and her family to make sure she got the care and compensation she needed to recover.
- $830,626 Car Accident: Our team represented a victim of a car accident injury who had a medical bill for $7,000. The defense offered $25,000 to settle the case, but our team would not rest until our client had the compensation they needed to pay for past and future medical bills and suffering.
- $575,000 Car Accident: The defendant in this case negligently ran a red light, causing a collision with our client. Our client suffered multiple rib fractures, a lacerated spleen, and an arm injury. During recovery, the victim suffered severe depression while unable to work.
- $563,770 Car Accident: Our client was hit by a moving vehicle with the driver immediately fleeing the scene. The victim suffered injuries causing Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy). Our team was able to secure a judgement that allowed the victim to get the financial assistance they needed to fully recover.
- $550,000 Car Accident: Our team helped the victim of a car accident get the compensation they need for the fractured ankle and permanent pain and suffering they got from the negligent collision.
- $500,000 Car Accident: The defendant failed to yield to our client and this resulted in a collision. The victim suffered a severe injury their leg and back. Our team helped get the victim proper compensation for their injuries and continued pain and suffering.
- Hundreds of settlements for policy limits between $25,000 - $100,000.
Put 30+ Years of Experience in Your Corner
The difference between other law offices and Cullan & Cullan is that our lead attorneys have medical and law degrees, giving them an edge in and out of the courtroom. We have in-depth knowledge regarding auto accident injuries as well as federal and state accident laws. Our Arizona auto accident attorneys offer unparalleled legal representation when it comes to personal injury cases in Arizona.
Contact us at (602) 900-9483 today for a free consultation about your claim.