Anesthesia makes modern medicine possible. It allows for part of the body to be numbed or for a patient to be rendered unconscious and unaware of a procedure that is being performed. Without anesthesia, most surgeries would be impossible. Administered improperly or without appropriate patient monitoring, however, anesthesia can have dangerous or deadly results.
If you or someone you love suffered injury due to any type of anesthesia error, Cullan & Cullan can work to hold the at-fault anesthesiologist, nurse, surgeon, or other medical professional or facility accountable. Because our team includes Phoenix medical malpractice attorneys who are also medical doctors themselves, we have an in-depth understanding of the medical and legal implications of anesthesia errors that other firms simply do not have. We use this to deliver better results for our clients.
To find out how we can help with your anesthesia malpractice case, call (602) 900-9483.
Types of Anesthesia Errors
There are different types of anesthesia errors that may occur, and they may be committed by an anesthesiologist, surgical nurse, surgeon, doctor, medical facility, or other healthcare professional.
Examples of anesthesia errors may include:
- Administering too much anesthesia
- Administering too little anesthesia
- Dangerous anesthesia interactions
- Failing to provide proper pre-anesthesia instructions related to food, water, etc.
- Failing to properly monitor a patient under general anesthesia
- Failing to properly monitor a patient who is waking from general anesthesia
- Incorrect site for regional anesthetic
- Injecting a regional anesthetic in the bloodstream
- Causing nerve damage by improperly injecting a regional anesthetic
- Defective medical equipment monitoring a patient under anesthesia
- Failing to properly resuscitate a patient
Consequences of Anesthesia Malpractice
Whether an error or negligence occurs related to local, regional, or general anesthesia, the results can be catastrophic.
- Nerve damage
- Throat damage
- Dental damage
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack
Our Phoenix anesthesia error attorneys are dedicated to seeking justice for patients who have been injured, and for families who have lost loved ones due to anesthesia malpractice. We believe in exposing wrongdoing to help our clients and also to prevent others from suffering similar fates.
Call (602) 900-9483 to schedule your free consultation.